Information for B.C. employers

This web page is updated regularly.


Agriculture-specific protocols for employers of temporary foreign workers have been announced by both the federal and provincial governments and can be viewed below.


Requirements from Government of Canada

The federal government has released their requirements for employers of temporary foreign workers during the current COVID-19 pandemic. Please be sure to review the Government of Canada's guidance document (linked below) to ensure you are familiar with all new requirements and details.

View requirements here: (English) or (Spanish)

View Frequently Asked Questions here.

Apply for the Mandatory Isolation Support for Temporary Foreign Workers Program here.

Requirements from Province of British Columbia

The requirements document outlines recommendations for all farms to meet the orders, notices, and guidance issued by British Columbia’s Provincial Health Officer and additional MANDATORY requirements for farms employing Temporary Foreign Workers and domestic workers.

View B.C. provincial requirements here, and industrial work camp requirements here.

The Province has now implemented a requirement for all temporary foreign workers to spend the 14-day quarantine period in government-arranged accommodations. All employers who plan to receive workers will be required to complete this document before they are permitted to receive workers: Application to Receive Temporary Foreign Workers.

Once you complete and submit the application, you will be contacted by either the Ministry of Agriculture or Emergency Management BC to arrange a time for a site inspection.

Requirements for booking travel with Mi Tierra

Prior to booking travel for workers with Mi Tierra Holidays, employers will be asked to sign an agreement accepting responsibility for both federal and provincial protocols.

View Employer Acknowledgement form.

REMINDER: payments for charter flights cannot be made by credit card. They must be by electronic funds transfer (EFT) or direct deposit. Mi Tierra Holidays provides this information to employers who are next in line for charter seats.


Preparing Your Farm for COVID-19

Many producers are wondering, "Where do I start?". AgSafe BC has British Columbia-specific workplace COVID-19 resources for employers. Here are a few to get you started:

  1. Employer Protocol for Pandemic
  2. Agricultural Site COVID-19 Prevention Procedures
  3. Site Access Health Questionnaire

Click here for more AgSafe workplace resources (or see the Workplace Resources section below).

As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, it is recommended that the following websites be consulted regularly for the latest public health information and to keep up to date on how to protect your workers, yourself and your community: and BC Centre for Disease Control


AgSafe BC has British Columbia-specific workplace COVID-19 information and resources for employers (ie: employer protocols, safety notice for workers, templates, agricultural site prevention procedures, etc).

Check back often, as more resources will be available.


Go2HR has opened its tourism and hospitality focused job board to include the agriculture and food processing sector. This provides a unique opportunity to connect displaced tourism and hospitality employees (due to the COVID-19 pandemic) with employment opportunities in agriculture.

Post your current job vacancies (for free!) on the leading tourism and hospitality job board:

BCAC/WALI will continue to link employers with labour opportunities during this challenging time.

SPANISH RESOURCES (Recursos en Español)

Please share these resources with your Spanish speaking employees. Also available via the HUB Connect App.

Comparta estos recursos con sus empleados de habla hispana. También disponible a través de la aplicación HUB Connect.