UPDATE: As of August 1, 2023, housing inspections have moved to an electronic format (accessible through the WALI Employer Portal, which you can access here). If you do not have an account, please refer to the WALI Employer Portal Instructions here. Housing requirements are NOT changing.
Applications for temporary foreign workers (TFW) through the Seasonal Agricultural Worker Program (SAWP) and Ag Stream programs must include a housing inspection form.
- Approved BC Home Inspectors
- Sample Inspection Form
- Guidelines for Seasonal Housing for Temporary Farm Workers in BC
Fire Safety - refer to the following links for fire safety information:
- Accessory Seasonal Farm Worker Accommodation
- Accessory Seasonal Farm Worker Accommodations Smoke Alarm Requirements
- Accessory Seasonal Farm Worker Accommodations Fire Alarm Requirements
- Basic Fire Safety Master Plan
- Example Fire Exit Plans
- House Rules - How to Prevent a House Fire - English or Spanish